AEM Groups – Product-Specific Groups
Contractors Pump Bureau (CPB)
The Contractors Pump Bureau (CPB) was formed in 1938 to offer services tailored to the needs of portable contractor pump manufacturers as well as their suppliers.
The CPB promotes matters of mutual interest to contractor pump users, manufacturers and parts and component suppliers.
The purposes of the bureau are to:
- Develop and publish industry standards for contractor pumps and auxiliary equipment.
- Promote the common business interests of its members and the industry as a whole.
- Pursue other activities that may lead to cost effective production, improved customer service and increased knowledge in the manufacture of safer and more efficient products.
Membership in the CPB is open to any AEM member in good standing actively engaged in the manufacture and distribution of portable contractor pumps within the United States or supplying components to the manufacturers of those pumps.
The CPB typically meets twice/yr providing an industry forum for members to share their views on technical-safety issues, domestic and international regulation, and other issues of common interest. Because the portable pump industry is well represented in the Bureau, Bureau positions, comments and recommendations carry weight as industry consensus.
The Bureau has developed:
- the CPB Pump Selection Guide to help users select the correct pump type and size
- the CPB Pump Efficiency Standard for accurate measurement of pump efficiency and performance
- the CPB industry standard for measuring sound levels emitted by portable dewatering pumps
CPB supports a pump Market Statistics program, covering several pump types. The program reports to members monthly industry shipments for each of 12 categories and sizes of pumps, within and without the U.S and Canada, and now also including Latin American nations.
CPB Pump Standards
The Bureau developed a sound level measurement method pertaining to pumps, posted here for industry use.
The Bureau also developed a Pump Performance Curve Standard, outlining criteria for accurate and thorough graphical representation of pump performance characteristic. Manufacturer compliance to this standard helps the market evaluate the expected performance of various pumps. For information, contact the AEM contact shown to the right.