AEM Hall of Fame
Hall of Famers
Since its inception in 1993, respected leaders in the industry have been inducted into the AEM Hall of Fame. Individually and collectively they represent some of the best, brightest and most influential minds in the history of the off-road equipment industry.
- Joseph Cyril Bamford, Founder, JCB Co.
- H. Ashley Barber, CEO (former), Barber-Greene Co.
- Harry H. Barber, Co-founder, Barber-Greene Co.
- Daniel Best, Founder, Best Mfg. (Caterpillar Inc.)
- J. Don Brock, President & Chairman, Astec Industries Inc.
- Edward D. Etnyre, Founder, E.D. Etnyre & Co.
- William Dana Ewart, Founder, Link Belt Machinery Co.
- Gary L. Godbersen, Co-founder, GOMACO Corp.
- William B. Greene, Co-founder, Barber-Greene Co.
- John L. Grove, Founder, Grove Mfg.
- Howard Hall, Founder, Iowa Mfg. (Cedarapids)
- Henry Harnischfeger, Founder, Harnischfeger (PPM Cranes)
- John Nicholas Heltzel, Founder, Heltzel Steel Form & Iron Co. (Helco Co.)
- Benjamin Holt, Founder, Holt Mfg. Co. (Caterpillar Inc.)
- Frank G. Hough, Founder, Frank G. Hough Co. (Komatsu Dresser Co.)
- Simon Ingersoll, Founder, Ingersoll-Rand Co.
- Charles S. Johnson, Founder, C.S. Johnson Co.
- Louis & Cyril Keller, Co-inventors, Skid-steer Loader (Melroe Bobcat)
- Clarence E. Killebrew, Clark Equipment Co. (VME Americas)
- R.G. LeTourneau, Founder, LeTourneau Co.
- Edwin Malzahn, President (former), Charles Machine Works
- Richard Dwight Messinger, Chairman, Power Curbers
- William G. Mulligan, Executive VP (former), Ingersoll-Rand Co.
- William Smith Otis, Inventor, Steam Shovel
- Thomas L. Smith, Founder, Telsmith Co.
- Robert Studebaker, Inventor, Laserplane (Spectra Precision)
- Charles F. Swigert, Founder, Electric Steel Foundry (ESCO)
- G.W. "Bill" Swisher, Jr., Founder, CMI Corp.
- Gary J. Vermeer, Founder, Vermeer Mfg.
- Reinhard Wirtgen, Founder, Wirtgen GmbH & Wirtgen America
The Tradition Continues – AEM Hall of Fame Inductees
AEM has continued the tradition of the Hall of Fame, starting in 2008. See below for inductees recognized since that time.
- Sir Anthony Bamford, Chairman, JCB Inc.
- Pierre Bataille, Chairman & CEO, Poclain
- Jerome Increase Case, Founder, J.I. Case Machinery Co.
- John Deere, Founder, Deere & Company
- Ronald M. DeFeo, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Terex Corp.
- Donald V. Fites, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer (former), Caterpillar Inc.
- Jim Gorman, Chairman of the Board, The Gorman-Rupp Co.
- LeRoy G. Hagenbuch, Co-founder & President, Philippi-Hagenbuch Inc.
- Don Landoll, Chairman, Landoll Corp.
- Dr. Hans Liebherr, Founder, Liebherr Co.
- Elton Long, Vice President Construction Equipment Engineering Worldwide, Case Construction Equipment
- Wood Brothers - Keith, Leonard and Mervel, Founders, Woods Equipment Company
Note: All inductee titles and company affiliations current at the time of entry into the Hall of Fame.
The AEM Hall of Fame
- Recognizes, celebrates and preserves the history of outstanding leaders in the off-road equipment industry.
- Seeks to create a wider public understanding and appreciation of the industry's role in global economic and social prosperity, not only in the past but for the future.