7/26/2012Advisor Newsletters - AEM Advisor
The AEM CE and AG Sector Boards will meet in Chicago on August 1, 2012, to consider issues of vital importance to the association’s members.
The sector boards are AEM’s bodies for recommending and approving CE and AG initiatives. They were formed in 2011 as a result of AEM’s new governance structure designed to achieve more efficient and nimble decision making at the board level. Both sector boards will consider the opportunities and benefits of establishing an industrial framework for monitoring and responding to government regulations for chemical management.
A multi-sector group of AEM member companies has been formed to examine such issues as compliance with REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and restriction of Chemical substances) regulations. The proposed initiative covering opportunities in products, organizational structure, and status of a formal business plan will be presented to both the AG and CE Sector Boards.
Other topics for the sector boards:
CE Sector Board
- AEM Product Groups – The priorities of the construction equipment technical committees, as established by the Tech & Safety Council, will be presented along with an update on work done.
- EPA Emissions Tracking Database – AEM will provide a brief update on its actions to follow the inclusion of off-road equipment in the EPA’s “MOVES 2013” database, used to establish emissions inventory.
- Latin America Strategy Update – AEM will update the sector board on its strategy for Latin America as part of the international exhibition strategy.
- New Strategy for ICUEE – AEM will present a summary of the ICUEE long-range strategic planning committee meeting.
- Update on Trade Issues – An update will be provided on trade issues, including reauthorization of the Export-Import Bank and Russia’s ascension to the World Trade Organization.
- Approval of CE Dashboard – Development of a Construction Equipment Industry Dashboard to inform members about the status of the construction equipment industry will be discussed.
- IAC Global Outlook – A program to compile forecast data from AEM and five other international equipment manufacturer associations for attachments, road construction, earthmoving, lifting, concrete, and crushers and screens will be discussed.
AG Sector Board
- Ag Equipment Depreciation – AEM is working towards achieving the same five-year depreciation schedule for agriculture equipment as is currently applied to construction equipment.
- 2012 Farm Bill – AEM is working to ensure that the next farm bill maintains its historic commitment to the farm safety net to ensure the stability of the agriculture economy and the demand for agriculture equipment.
- Lighting and Marking Standards – Due in part to AEM’s efforts, the president recently signed into law the adoption of the ASABE lighting and marking standard, effectively reducing regulatory confusion for ag equipment manufacturers.
- Renewable Energy – AEM continues to promote renewable energy policy reforms that benefit the agricultural and forestry industries.
- AEF Alternative Funding Model & Resource – AEM is seeking support for the addition of a full-time communications and marketing manager position for AEF and funding of the position for two years while AEF establishes its revenue stream.
- Statistics Programs – Statistics programs for rotary tillers, drawn fertilizer applicators, and flail shredders machines are expected to start in 2013.
- AG CONNECT Expo & Summit 2013 – With 195,250 net square feet of exhibit space contracted, AG CONNECT Expo & Summit already has its largest-ever footprint. The number of exhibitors (243 to date) is also on track to be a record, and sales revenue is expected to make or exceed goal.
- Ag Executive Forum 2013 – The same successful formula used in 2012 will be repeated in 2013 for this by-invitation-only event.
AEM Advisor Categories
Get the Latest from AEM and the Industry
Get AEM and industry news delivered directly to your inbox. Sign up for AEM newsletters, industry news feeds and other important announcements.
Follow AEM on Twitter
AEM is on Twitter as @aemadvisor. Follow us for AEM and industry news updates, public policy developments and more.