View the AG Sector Board
John D. Lagemann
Deere & Company
Blount International, Inc.
AEM Staff Contact
Senior Vice President | 414-298-4157
Executive Assistant | 414-298-4168
Sr. Director, Agriculture Services | 414-298-4174
Mission of the Sector Board
The Board provides the strategic and operational direction for the agriculture equipment sector of AEM, serving as the advocate for ag members in the Association.
The AG Sector Board has the following responsibilities:
- Determine the strategic direction of the Association for the ag industry sector.
- Provide oversight and direction on issues related to ag services, activities and programs, leaving the tactics to the planning committees and staff.
- Provide guidance to staff in the ongoing management of core ag services, activities and programs.
- Review and approve recommendations for new services and activities from members, staff and planning committees for the ag industry sector, submitting these recommendations to the AEM Board of Directors for approval.
- Identify, develop and deliver industry position statements on behalf of the Association to represent the interests of ag members and the ag industry sector.
- Determine the scope of eligible products and services for ag membership.
- Support of AEM advocacy is an important role of Directors serving on the AEM and Sector Boards. Directors are encouraged to actively support the AEM I Make America activities and contribute to AEMPAC.
- The Sector Board is led by the AG Chair of AEM.
- The position serves as an Officer of the Association and is elected annually by the AEM Board of Directors in November.
- AG Chairs typically serve two one-year terms.
- A Vice Chair is appointed by the AG Chair with the input of the Nominating Committee and is an elected member of the Sector Board.
- The Vice Chair will serve in the absence of the AG Chair to run meetings or represent the Association at events.
- The Sector Board consists of 20 members, who are elected by the membership at the Annual Business Meeting each November.
- The Sector Board shall represent a cross-section of the ag membership in AEM, including full, mid-level, and associate members, and the various dues categories.
- Only full-time employees of members can serve on the AG Sector Board.
- Only one Sector Board Director is allowed from each “dues payer.”
Sector Board Director Profile
AEM seeks top or high-level executives from member companies to serve.
Sector Board Directors will be considered by the Nominating Committee for selection as candidates to serve on the AEM Board of Directors