AEM Staff Contact
Daniel J (Dan) Moss
Technical Consultant - Standards & Safety Services | 708-217-8201
The Manufacturers of Rough-Terrain Forklifts Council (MRTFC) includes manufacturers of vertical mast, variable-reach and truck-mounted rough-terrain forklifts, and also includes manufacturers of components (masts, forks, cabs, etc.) used on rough-terrain forklifts The MRTFC focuses on industry issues including National and International standards, safety training and industry awareness.
To promote and further the interests of the Manufacturers of Rough-Terrain Forklifts Council (MRTFC) on issues related to safety, standards and regulations, education and training, public policy and the improvement of the overall industry's image.
Council Activities & Accomplishments
- Development of industry safety sign concepts.
- Development of an AEM Safety Manual for vertical mast/variable-reach rough-terrain forklifts and a separate AEM Safety Manual for truck-mounted forklifts.
- Developed an OSHA compliant training program for rough-terrain forklift operators.
- Developed brand specific safety videos for each of the three major types of rough-terrain forklifts.
- Formation of an industry coalition with other associations to address safety efforts.
- Actively engaged in the development of industry standards for rough-terrain forklifts on a global basis.
Established in 1985.
The Engineering Committee and Truck-Mounted Forklifts Committee were consolidated under the MRTFC in 2017.