Topcon Positioning Systems Inc
AEM Staff Contact
Statistics Manager | 414-298-4146
Technical & Safety Services Manager | 414-298-4126
To work in the best interests of this rapidly developing industry and its technology.
- Laser units (theodolites and other equipment)
- GPS equipment, as relates to mapping, machine guidance & control (as in ag planters, fertilizer application, road milling, paving, compaction machines, etc).
- Aerial and space based mapping, photogrammetry, and vegetation identification equipment and processes.
- Ground penetrating radar for utility location, pavement, base layer, and soil layer mapping and measuring, hydrography, and so on.
Potential GIG Activities
- Developing consensus standard terms, definitions and specifications for technologies, products and their use, for use in marketing, user manuals, etc.
- Monitor, contribute to and/or respond to standards organizations work touching GIG products and use (ISO, ANSI, etc).
- Develop a working relationship with National Geodetic Survey (NGS) and address industry issues.
- Promote the value and use of the products.
- Develop guidelines for save use and data collection.
- Develop a market statistics program within AEM’s statistics function to measure market size, by several geographic regions and for several product types.
- Address other issues as the group may decide is needed.