The Ecuadoran government has published a call for eligible consulting firms to perform engineering design, environmental evaluation, maintenance plans, road signage and security studies for the country's provincial highway program.
The 270-day consultancy project will demand an investment of almost US$1mn and will be funded by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB),through Ecuadoran state-owned bank Banco del Estado, according to a procurement notice published on the UN Development Business website.
Totaling 91.4km, the road projects which will benefit from consultancy work include:
- Pavimentation of the Ibarra (La Quinta Del Olivo) - Yuracrucito - Añaspamba - Mariano Acosta highway stretch
- Priorato - Aloburo - Pimán - San Alfonso highway stretch
- Ambuquí - San Clemente - Lavandero - Chaupi Cuaranguí - Manzano Guaranguí - Aloburo highway stretch
- Ibarra and Pimampiro districts; and the
- El Sagrario, Mariano Acosta, and Ambuquí parish churches
The call is open until July 22.