AEM Staff Contact
Technical & Safety Services Manager | 414-298-4126
Statistics Manager | 414-298-4146
AEM's Bituminous & Aggregate Equipment Bureau (BAEB) provides manufacturers a forum to address industry issues including technological, environmental, safety, best practice, legislative, standard, and regulatory, and promote important projects to the asphalt and aggregates industry. BAEB works closely with the National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) on industry issues and user concerns.
BAEB members are manufacturers of equipment used in the asphalt paving, compaction and aggregate processing industries, and their major component suppliers.
The bureau's standing technical committees are:
- Compaction & Paving Machinery Technical Committee (CPMTC), which focuses on issues relating to rollers, compactors, cold planers, soil stabilizers, asphalt pavers and related equipment.
- Portable & Stationary Crushing Bureau (PSCB) which focuses on issues relating to aggregate crushing equipment.
- Vibrating Screen Manufacturers Bureau (VSMA) which focuses on issues relating to aggregate screening equipment, mobile and stationary.
- The Road Machinery Statistics Committee of BAEB provides detailed, non-disclosure market statistic reporting programs for member companies in the North American market. Compaction equipment manufacturers participate in a monthly exchange of data with Japanese and European manufacturers through the Intercontinental Statistics Committee.
BAEB operates four sets of market statistic programs:
- Asphalt Pavers: Monthly retail sales, in seven size classifications, by county/province for U.S. and Canada, plus monthly shipments, by state/province, and for other nations.
- Cold Planers: Monthly retail sales, in five size classifications, by state/province, plus monthly shipments, by state/province, for the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Soil Stabilizers: Monthly retail sales, in three size classifications, by county/province, for U.S. and Canada, plus monthly shipments, by state/province for U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Compaction Equipment: Monthly retail sales, for nine product lines, each by various sizes, by county/province for U.S. and Canada, plus monthly shipments, by state/province and by nation outside of the U.S. and Canada through AEM’s Intercontinental Statistical Exchange service.
The Compaction Equipment program also conducts a specification sheet exchange.
Certain BAEB member-developed publications are available as downloadable PDF documents, several at no charge. These copyrighted documents are made available for industry use and benefit only. They may be downloaded and distributed within a manufacturer's, distributor's or contractor's organization, provided that they are always transmitted in their complete form.
These documents may not be reproduced in any form for public distribution or consumption without the prior written consent of the Association of Equipment Manufacturers.