Colombia's national infrastructure agency ANI announced it received five bids to build the third lane on the highway linking capital Bogotá and the Girardot municipality in the Bogotá-Girador expressway expansion project.
The Bogotá-Girardot route is "emblematic for the country" and this tender will allow for the expansion of the best highways in Colombia, said ANI's president Luis Fernando Andrade in a press release.
The 67km expansion involves a third lane in both directions, as well as the rehabilitation and maintenance of 155km existing highway.
Part of the government's PPP efforts, investments for the project are estimated at 1.7tn pesos (US$587mn).
The five bidding companies include:
- Estructura Plural Tercer Carril, composed of Infraestructura Concesionadas SAS, Infracon SAS (25%), Incein Ingenieros Constructores SAS (25%), Conalvías Construcciones SAS (25%), and Herdoiza Crespo Construcciones Colombia SAS (25%).
- Estructura Plural Vías del Desarrollo, made up of Bentos SAS (75%) and China Gezhouba Colombia (25%).
- OHL Concesiones SAS (100%).
- Estructura Plural TC Girardot-Bogotá, composed of Cass Constructores & Cia (50%) and Carlos Alberto Solarte Solarte (50%).
- Estructura Plural Vías a Girardot, made up of Industrial Conconcreto SAS (25%) and Constructora Conconcreto SA (75%).
Infraestructura Concesionadas SAS was the original proponent of the project.
ANI is tentatively set to award the contract on August 12.