- CARB Presentation to AEM Board of Directors. Jack Kitowski, Chief, Mobile Source Controls, CARB, presented an update on CARB Strategies, Concerns and Actions during a breakout session at the AEM Annual meeting held November 16th, 2016, in Santa Barbara, California. The presentation highlighted the unique challenges that CARB is facing and their approach to further reduce Diesel Engine Emissions in their state. Members only.
On July 26, 2007, the Air Resources Board (ARB) adopted the In-Use Off-Road Regulation to reduce diesel particulate matter (PM) and oxides of nitrogen (NOx) emissions from in-use off-road heavy-duty diesel vehicles in California.
- Cal ARB In-Use Off-Road Diesel Vehicle Regulation. On July 26, 2007, the Air Resources Board (ARB) adopted a regulation to reduce diesel particulate matter (PM) and oxides of nitrogen (NOx) emissions from in-use (existing) off-road heavy-duty diesel vehicles in California. August 20, 2007.
- Enforcement of Off-Road In-Use Regulations. On September 13, 2013, the US EPA granted authorization to the California Air Resources Board (ARB) to enforce the In-Use Off-Road Diesel Vehicle Regulations which were enforced beginning January 1, 2014, for large fleets.
- Record Retention Requirements for Sellers of California In-Use Off-Road Diesel Vehicles. Effective June 15, 2008, all sales of equipment with 25 horsepower or greater diesel engines into California MUST include notice to the buyer that his equipment may be subject to retrofit or accelerated replacement/repower requirements. June 15, 2008. Members only.
- In-Use Off-Road Final Draft. The California Air Resources Board has posted the 15-Day Notice of public availability of the modified text and availability of additional documents for the proposed In-Use Off-Road Diesel Regulation. December 12, 2007.
- Early Action Can Result in Lower Compliance Costs. Projections made by Cal ARB staff shows it is likely that fleets will have higher annual costs in the first few years after a fleet’s initial compliance date and the costs will decrease in later years. October 23, 2007. Members only.
- Medium and Large Fleets. This fact sheet discusses provisions for medium and large fleets, a separate fact sheet is available that discusses special provisions for small fleets. September 20, 2007. Members only.
- Small Fleets. This fact sheet discusses provisions for small fleets. It outlines the regulation, which contains special, less stringent provisions for small fleets. September 20, 2007. Members only.