Towed-Equipment Technical Committee (TETC)
Groups by type
Groups by sector
The Towed-Equipment Technical Committee provides a forum to discuss current and emerging issues related to towed-equipment and trailers on public roadways.
- The primary focus is on the requirements and use of towed-equipment and trailers traveling on public roadways with attention to regional, national, and international standards, regulations, and laws.
- The group will be a resource of information to the various sector committees, current or future.
- The group will monitor industry issues, provide a sounding board for concerns, foster industry consensus as necessary, and influence standards’ development activities.
- The group will create alliances with other industry representative groups and associations that share common goals.
- Create best practice guidelines and other industry-relevant reference documents.
- Additionally, the group will advise and coordinate with AEM and Member Company institutional/governmental affairs groups with technical advice for policy discussions and to make recommendations for educational opportunities, such as public awareness activities. These lobbying efforts aim to bring more states/territories to common requirements with respect to licensing, permitting, and other towed-equipment and trailer regulations.
To be determined.
The TETC meets in person twice each year, with online meetings held if needed at other times. As a cross-sector committee, meeting dates may coincide with various other AEM committee meetings or industry events.
Established in 2020